Saturday, March 21, 2009

a little better.

We are all asking the same questions.


Funny thing is, we look to others for the answers. Hoping somewhere along the way we will find that guru on the mountain top to assuage our deepest fears and affirm all that we believe to be good in the world. To set us on the right path.

I have a feeling if that if there was such a guru, he would be bored to tears.

One of my favorite songs of all time is All The Things You Are. I like the instrumental version by Sonny Rollins the best. When I listen to it, I am reminded that there is not much that really matters. Regardless of what you try to to do, all the things you are will always be bared and laid before the world. So why not be bombastic and outrageous? We are all heading toward the same finish line anyhow.

I have my questions. I have my doubts. Every time I try to build up a structure of values and beliefs to combat them, all I am left with is their ruins. The things that remain, those things that I would believe if I was an animal with no thought, those things I hold on to. Everything else I let go.

Let me flow man. Let my decisions flow from my action that rides on the currents of righteousness, all that is good and holy. Because we are all terrible and it does not matter. What matters is that we were made to serve and that WE CAN serve. That is what matters. The only valid question is:

Will you or won't you?

Just a thought.


2 comments:

Anonymous

And a good thought at that. I know what you mean.

Nikol Schiller

excellent song.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP